A city of shifting sands
Dubai would have been recognized as her ‘Wonderland’. Dubai has everything that one can possibly think of and if it doesn’t then it will go ahead and make it for itself. This ever-so-verve city is known to take up challenges and create what everybody considers impossible. Home to world's tallest building, Burj Khalifa; an island shaped like a palm tree, Palm Jumeira; huge indoor ski paradise; world's fastest roller coaster and – soon to come – starchitect-designed art museums of international stature, Dubai is truly a land of wonders.
Dubai Tours & Travel
Best Time To Visit
The fact that Dubai gets intense heat during its summer months it is best to visit Dubai in winter, between November to April. While in November the temperatures average in the mid to late 20 degrees Celsius range, the mercury begins to drop by December with temperatures averaging 15 to 20 degrees Celsius between December to early February.
The winters are from November to April and this is the ideal time to visit Dubai.
The weather is pleasant and good for all kinds of outdoor activities. The famed Dubai Shopping Festival is also held during the winter (Jaunary-February).
The temperatures begin to rise by April and May and during peak summers, even start hitting the late 40s (Celsius). Summer months in Dubai are really hot and humid, making it almost impossible to explore the outdoors.
At a Glance
Population:2, 502, 715
Time zone:UAE STANDARD TIME (UTC+4)
Electricity:220/50Hz (UK plug)
Dubai Travel Tips
- Drinking or being drunk in public is not tolerated and the legal drinking age is 21.
- Holding hands, kissing or any kind of PDA with your other half could lead to arrest and imprisonment.
- Swearing and making rude gestures are criminal acts in the UAE.
- Make sure to wear bathers only on the beaches. Swimsuits in general should be modest.
- Nudity at beaches is illegal.
- It is illegal to "harass" women - this includes unwanted conversation and prolonged stares or eye contact.
- Taking photographs of people, particularly women, without permission is illegal and can lead to arrest or fines.
- During Ramadan, it is illegal for non-Muslims to eat, drink or smoke in public in front of Muslims between sunrise and sunset.
- Many medications available over the counter or by prescription in countries like Australia are illegal in the Dubai. The UAE laws on drugs are also extremely strict, and include the death penalty or lifetime in jail.